AR - Collections Analyst
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are looking for an AR-Collections Analyst, an organized and motivated team member to work with our Billing, Sales Ops and Coverage teams to collect on past due invoices and assist in other functions of the AR team.
- Review past due accounts regarding the assigned business / region, follow the standard collections process to initiate follow ups and continue contacting customers for past due receivables until collections are received
- Document all follow ups within CRM system, Salesforce, SAP and Excel
- Work with Sales Coverage team, Sales Operations team and Billing team to resolve billing, tax or other issues
- Work with Legal team to prepare and execute letters for delinquent customers
- Assist in resolving allocations of unapplied client funds through follow up with various internal and external parties
- College degree is required; Accounting, Finance or Business related degree preferred
- At least 2-4 years of experience working in a finance department; previous experience in an accounts receivable or accounts payable department is a plus
- Experience in Collections is a huge plus
- Excel knowledge is a must; Salesforce, Epicor or SAP knowledge is a plus
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language (Italian, Portuguese, Swedish preferred)
- Good writing and communication skills in both languages
- Ability to work with multiple team members in Finance in different locations as well as Sales Coverage team
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, with initiative and to demonstrate ownership for projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, outgoing and confident
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Investigative and creative approach to problem solving
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.