Data IT Developer - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Data Management-IT group within MSCI is responsible for providing data products to different product lines of MSCI. We are looking for a very strong Java and relational database professional with exceptional analytical skills to be part of a talented software development team in Mumbai. The selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to design, build and maintain state of the art data management solutions for the world's leading provider of investment decision support tools to investment community across the globe.
We are looking for a bright and dynamic engineer, motivated and able to work independently as well as work in partnership with IT, business and research teams spread across the globe. The candidate needs to be an exceptionally strong core java programmer. The candidate should also have strong experience working in any relational database, preferably Oracle, processing high volume of data supporting critical business processes. He also needs to have business acumen to understand financial concepts around the reference data related equities and other asset classes. With key design skills he should also be able to lead technical discussion with technical experts and business stakeholders. The candidate should have worked in a concurrent multi-threaded environment and should be aware of issues in that kind of environment. The candidate should have an in depth knowledge of data structures, concurrent data structures, java memory model, Garbage collection and very well versed with object oriented design.
Besides technical skills, we are looking for a candidate with a strong sense of ownership and with ability to work in a diverse team.
- Hands-on experience in Java object oriented design and development
- Experience in building multithreaded object oriented and scalable enterprise applications
- Strong object oriented and UML skills
- Experience with JDBC, SQL performance tuning and stored procedures on any relational database
- Knowledge of Spring, JMS and the major java technologies
- Has in depth knowledge of Java internals, data structures, java memory model, garbage collection
- Unix experience would be highly desired
- Any experience in big data application development would be a definite plus, but is not mandatory
Desired experience and qualification:
- Personal Attributes
- Strong analytical skills and having ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Confident and Self assured
- Self-starter who is action and results orientated
- Must be attentive to detail, proactive and flexible
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles
- Ability to articulate the substantive issues clearly and concisely to peers, senior management and clients
- Capable of contributing effectively in projects regardless of functional, geographic, and business lines
- Superior organizational, time management and team work skills Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.