C# Software Engineer - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are looking for a strong C# software engineer with experience of developing data centric, enterprise grade solutions using the Microsoft technology stack (WinForms, WFP, T-SQL, and SQL Server)
A successful candidate would be part of talented globally dispersed development team building enterprise level data management solutions at the core of the MSCI Real Estate business.
The business is going through a major IT renovation program of its systems; as part of this renovation program we are looking to significantly improve the efficiency and data quality in a number of key data collection process. In particular, this will involve the development of Office automation solutions, data services and client tools to support this initiative.
- Coach and mentor junior members of a newly created automation team with an opportunity for direct management.
- Never compromise on quality: We do take pride on what we do, and quality is at the heart of our pride. As an MSCI software engineer, you will be working with the latest technologies with all means to deliver z great application you can be proud of.
- Follow the software engineering best practices. We do not take shortcuts, we do not hack our systems, but we go at the root cause of what needs to be done, going through the necessary re-engineering as our systems grow and evolve.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of business requirements. We are putting our developers at the heart of the investment process. You will be exposed to our business and our business analysts. You will have to interact with him directly to understand what we need to do to come up with a system that can be implemented while solving the issue at hand.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within the business based in London. You will not be isolated in our Mumbai office. You will be part of the core team of IPD, globally distributed across the world, and therefore interacting with a wide variety of people, contributing to your own visibility and experience.
- Assist in the effecting of peer code reviews. We do believe in code. We do want to write great code, and are using our best talents to get there. You will contribute, and in return benefit, from the experience of your coworkers, contributing of the overall quality of the code base under your responsibility
Desired experience and qualification:
- Strong technologist with 4+ years of hands-on experience in object orientated development using .NET and Microsoft based technologies (C#, WinForms, WPF).
- Proven commercial experience of Microsoft Office based automation (VBA, VSTO)
- Experience of database design and development using Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience of mentoring junior developers or providing technical leadership.
- Experience in working within a small development team servicing remote business users and being part of a wider global organization
- Experience of database design and development.
- Proven commercial experience of Microsoft Office based Add-In (VSTO).
- Hands on experience with WCF and Web services using the Microsoft technology stack
- Enterprise level n-tier development experience.
- Financial services \ financial markets experience beneficial.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.