Regulatory Compliance Project Manager - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI has established a new team, Regulatory Process and Procedures Management (RPPM) that will have primary responsibility for the management of processes and controls that relate to new and evolving regulatory compliance requirements. RPPM team works closely with the firm’s Legal department, but it is run independently from Legal. RPPM also works closely with Internal Audit and Risk Management, but again, it is a distinct function in the firm.
In addition to overseeing ongoing regulatory compliance processes and procedures, the RPPM team is also responsible for the overall Project and Program Management of initiatives for implementing new compliance and control capabilities. This includes the following:
Project organization and planning
Project execution management, including issue identification and resolution
The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Project organization and planning
- Working with Legal and various functional (Technology, Data, Product Management, Research, etc.) areas to develop project execution plans based on an interpretation of a regulatory requirement:
- Develop phased project execution with milestones and deliverables
- Identify resource requirements and constraints; establish project budget
- Identify and incorporate deadlines imposed by the regulations
- Identify and address interdependencies with other projects or prerequisites
- Identify areas of uncertainty and address
- Establish clear ownership
- Project execution management
- Working across functional/organizational lines, put in place the necessary governance and control processes to provide transparency and alignment, resulting in successful implementation:
- Establish project governance through steering committee or other appropriate mechanism
- Provide meaningful ongoing status reporting and escalation of execution issues
- Work with all involved parties to anticipate, identify and resolve obstacles as necessary
- Coordinate with other project managers who may own the delivery of specific components of an overall project
- Demonstrate first hand understanding of project progress and issues by being closely involved throughout project lifecycle; acting as reporter is not sufficient
- Identify and address areas of potential execution weakness such as unclear accountability, poor specifications, inadequate testing, etc.
- Follow-through to final stages of delivery, including documentation and production support
- The development of a policy or other document
- The design and implementation of a new process and control
- The performance of some analysis or investigation
- Execution of an internal audit/inspection
Desired experience and qualifications:
Minimum of 8 years of directly relevant work experience including some or all of the following:
- Application Development
- Business Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
- Accounting / Audit experience
- Familiarity with specific regulatory regimes of IOSCO, EU BMR and GDPR would be useful but not essential.
- Experience with Risk Management concepts and tools such as Risk and Control Matrix (RACM) is helpful.
- Experience with document management software is helpful.
- Microsoft Project
- PMP certification
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.