Regulatory Compliance Process Manager - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI has established a new team, Regulatory Process and Procedures Management (RPPM) that will have primary responsibility for the management of processes and controls that relate to new and evolving regulatory compliance requirements. RPPM team works closely with the firm’s Legal department, but it is run independently from Legal. RPPM also works closely with Internal Audit and Risk Management, but again, it is a distinct function in the firm.
The firm must now have both capacity and proficiency in performing all types of regulatory compliance activities. These include the following:
Effective support of Risk and Regulatory Committees
Operational compliance assurance/enforcement
Support the reporting and documentation requirements of RPPM
Support of internal/external audits
- Effective support of Risk and Regulatory Committees
- Serve as Committee Secretary to Firm’s Risk and Regulatory Committees, including agenda, minutes, confirmation of presentations and attendees, etc.
- Management of related documentation
- Tracking and follow-up of open issues
- Presentation of non-compliance or other issues to committees as appropriate.
- Operational compliance assurance/enforcement
- Run processes to inspect and otherwise confirm that operational controls are effective:
- Conduct a quarterly/monthly compliance certification survey
- Conduct a periodic (bi-annual) process to confirm and inspect ownership and compliance of control procedures
- Identification and tracking of issues of potential non-compliance
- Ownership and management of foundational control and compliance documentation:
- Benchmark Administration Framework
- Risk and Control Matrix/Control Inventory
- Documentation control
- Continuous maintenance and control of policy and procedures documentation that support our regulatory compliance:
- Ongoing confirmation and updating of document ownership
- Ongoing management of effective document version control
- Ongoing process to have owners and approvers of documents to certify that version control is effective
- Continuous maintenance and control of documentary evidence of controls
- Establish and enforce process to gather and manage documentation that supports decisions or exceptions made, operational issues, etc., as required under the regulation.
- Documentation Management – general:
- Management of overall document management environment
- Establish documentation standards and best practices
- Support investigation into better document management tools and approaches.
- Change management:
- Own the change control/document management associated with process, control, product and organizational changes
- Work with HR and functional areas to ensure that personnel changes are appropriately documented including the Roles and Responsibilities document and the Benchmark Administration Personnel Register.
- Support the reporting and documentation requirements of RPPM
- Lead the effort to keep documents owned by RPPM current and complete, notably including the following:
- Risk and Controls Matrix/Control Inventory
- Benchmark Administration Framework
- Roles and Responsibilities document
- RPPM Policies and Procedures
- Develop and produce reporting for which RPPM is responsible for, including updates to the Risk and Regulatory Committees.
Desired experience and qualifications:
Minimum of 8 years of directly relevant work experience including some or all of the following:
- Regulatory compliance experience, especially for financial services
- Accounting / Audit experience
- Risk Management experience
- Legal experience
- Experience with Risk Management concepts and tools such as Risk and Control Matrix (RACM) is helpful.
- Experience with document management software is helpful.
- Familiarity with specific regulatory regimes of IOSCO, EU BMR and GDPR would be useful but not essential.
- Hands-on experience implementing and running a compliance management function is important.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.