Investor Relations - New York, NY
The Senior Director of Investor Relations will be a key member of the investor relations team responsible for helping to lead and execute an ambitious investor relations program. He/ She will help develop a short and long-term external messaging plan in order to enhance the company’s equity story. He/ She will work closely with the head of corporate communications to establish the company’s overall communications strategy, ensuring consistency in the company’s message to sell-side analysts, investors, and the media as well as supporting the development and maintenance of relationships with the analysts, investors, rating agencies and lenders. This individual will report to the Head of Investor Relations, Strategy and Corporate Development.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Work closely with the Head of IR and the CFO to develop a comprehensive strategy for communicating to the various analyst and investor constituencies across the world.
- Help the head of IR develop an action plan for broadening the investor base and overall awareness of the company
- Support communications to the investor and sell-side analyst community on the company’s business model, strategy, and operational and financial objectives; develop and refine key messages for investor/analyst communications such as the annual and quarterly reports, quarterly conference calls, meetings, presentations, and the investor relations section of the company website.
- Increase the visibility and presence of the company by serving as the central source of company news and financial information and ensuring investors and analysts are well-educated on the company by establishing communication (conference calls/meetings) with management.
- Help drive proactive, timely, and consistent communications with analysts as well as existing and potential investors through analyst and investor meetings/conference calls, investor conferences, and analyst workshops.
- Prepare quarterly earnings release, call script, and list of potential analyst questions and prep the CEO, CFO and Head of IR in advance; continuously enhance and improve external disclosure.
- Develop investor, bank and rating agency presentations for conferences, investor meetings, and road shows; participate in or lead these presentations/meetings.
- Prepare annual report (graphics, tables, etc.) and write annual shareholders’ letter.
- Work with accounting team to ensure that investor communications (written and oral) are consistent with SEC filings.
- Monitor the company’s institutional ownership, trading trends, and target investors and stay apprised of market sentiment and reactions to company and industry developments; communicate important developments to executive committee.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of analyst models and valuation analysis; keep management apprised of Street expectations.
- Analyze the financial performance of company peers and summarize for senior management.
- Manage external relationships such as the New York Stock Exchange, specialists, rating agencies and banks; assist with communication to board of directors as appropriate.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the company’s investor relations program through the quality of sell-side analyst coverage, the addition of new institutional owners, and quality of overall shareholder base.
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Leadership skills and self-confidence needed to gain credibility with senior management, investors, and analysts.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a detailed-oriented environment and to interact with various constituencies internally and externally.
- Skilled in valuation analysis and methodologies, financial modeling and knowledgeable of the capital markets and relevant SEC and accounting regulations and how they affect a publicly traded corporation.
- Undergraduate degree in business with an emphasis on finance; CFA or MBA desired.
- Experience in highly analytical financial management roles including investor relations, sell-side equity research, buy-side analyst position, or corporate communications.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.