Marketing Coordinator - Hong Kong,
The marketing coordinator will report into the Head of Global Events based in America and plays an important role in supporting the growth of MSCI's business in Asia Pacific. This role will be focused on creating and managing activities which support our marketing efforts around MSCI and this person will have a working knowledge of the full marketing mix, with key experience in event coordination of seminars, workshops and webinars hosted by MSCI, as well as third party events.
This position will interact with key functional areas within MSCI including Client Coverage, Research and Product Management and requires an individual who is able to multitask and be detail oriented in planning and executing events and projects.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Assist with overall organization of regional Events Program to meet business unit and sales objectives, within budget and as part of overall Marketing Strategy
- Pre-event coordination assistance includes:
- Liaising with suppliers including third party conference organizers, venues, audio visual, catering, video editors, etc.
- Coordinating details with key internal “partners” including speakers, administrative teams, etc.
- Client marketing support
- Working closely with the marketing support teams, such as design, digital marketing etc.
- Posting event details on internal and external websites
- Sending and tracking email invitations, reminders and other communications
- Managing and distributing registration lists internally
- Post-event coordination assistance includes:
- Tracking statistics for events and other marketing activities
- Maintain global calendars of industry conferences and MSCI hosted and attended events
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and managing their expectations on events and marketing campaigns
- Tracking expenditures and budget
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Previous experience with the marketing mix
- Mass emailing and CRM database management
- Basic knowledge of html is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (internal and external interactions) with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects/plans and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a demanding global environment and multiple reporting lines
- Fluency in English language, written and spoken is a must, fluency in Mandarin and/Cantonese is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative
- Ability to take direction and follow-through
- University degree in Finance, Marketing or related discipline
- 3-4 years of events marketing experience, preferably within financial services
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.