Licensing and Technology Transactions Attorney - New York, NY
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Licensing and Technology Transactions Attorney
MSCI is seeking a transactional attorney experienced in complex licensing and technology transactions in the financial services field.
- Structure, draft, review, analyze and negotiate complex licensing and technology transactions, including data and software licenses, services agreements, consulting and development agreements, outsourcing agreements, market data licenses, financial product licenses, redistribution arrangements, data vendor contracts and confidentiality agreements.
- Provide licensing, technology and intellectual property legal advice and counsel to employees.
- Assist sales teams to negotiate and close deals licensing MSCI’s products and services to clients.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 5 -9 years of experience, with a significant amount of that time spent negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience collaborating with both sales and product teams in the context of commercial negotiations.
- Licensing experience at a leading financial services or financial data/technology company preferred.
- Corporate/transactional law firm experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, drafting and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire and ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Juris Doctor degree from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Admission to a State Bar, preferably New York.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.