ESG Controversies Associate (Japanese or Korean Specialist) - Manila,
The ESG Controversies team covers 9,000 equities, and spans environmental, governance and social issues including, but not limited to, human rights, labor rights, the environment and anti-corruption, executive and board issues. The Senior Analyst will search for, processes, analyze and synthesize, large quantities of information into meaningful data, analysis, and ratings for clients.
- Searching for, procuring, and processing information about global companies on an as needed basis using multiple methods, techniques and sources.
- Working with many different types of information sources (i.e. annual reports, websites, quantitative data feeds, web crawlers), types of information (i.e. quantitative data, key performance indicators, prose narratives), topics or subject matters (i.e. traditional financial risk, corporate governance, and sustainability) and types of analysis (i.e. rules-based, subjective analysis, written summaries).
- Developing new ratings guidance and improving the research methodology.
- Provide language translation assistance on research materials.
- Working with a global team based in Asia and the US. Providing time zone coverage for client queries and business needs.
- Ensuring high quality standards.
- Participate in various working committees and/or projects.
- Strong command of business communication in Japanese or Korean.
- Excellent Writing Skills in English
- Fast learner, able to master new concepts, theories, ideas and processes with ease.
- Strong analytical ability and able to apply logic to solve problems.
- Very proficient with technology and are able to learn new applications on their own with ease. Experience in web-based searching, Excel 2010, data management and data mining preferred.
- Intrinsically motivated to improve their own performance and constantly consider ways to improve workflow processes.
- Strong attention to detail. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a global team; a strong team player.
- Relevant ESG experience and/or a strong background in research analysis and writing.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Master's Degree preferred.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.