Client Service Analyst - Manila,
MSCI Global Index Client Service is the primary point of contact for clients and users of MSCI Index products and serves as the key link to MSCI's Global Research and Index operations. The team members are responsible for directly responding to a wide variety of methodology, usage, interpretational and technical questions on MSCI benchmark products.
The MSCI Index Client Service team is composed of experienced financial professionals that provide support for our institutional, dominantly financial institutional clients around the world. Globally the Index Client Service group is present in the following locations: San Francisco, Monterrey, New York, London, Budapest, Mumbai, Shanghai and Manila.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
The successful candidate will be part of a 24 X 5 team catering to MSCI Clients in the global field of finance and investment with inquiries related to MSCI’s benchmark/index business which include but not limited to (a) data extraction of information at index and constituent levels, (b) providing basic details on index composition, and (c) access/permissioning of data and client support sites.
The successful candidate will also be responsible in (a) ensuring that complex queries are routed to the appropriate global teams within specified SLA whilst keeping Clients updated on the status of the query in a timely fashion, (b) completing proactive outreach campaigns to gather/communicate useful information from our Client base and (c) collaborating with other Client Service teams globally to help address ad hoc requests from global Sales teams.
- Majors in finance, economics, or business administration are preferred
- 1-3 years relevant experience with an undergraduate degree
- Must be IT literate and highly proficient in the use of the current version of MS Office Tools specifically of Excel where the candidate should be able to handle multiple spreadsheets and is familiar with advanced Excel tools used in data management
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Past experience in client facing servicing capacity (via email and phone) is required
- Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Proactive and strong problem solving
- Past experience in serving external financial institutional clients is desired
- Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.