Content Writer - London,
This individual must be a very strong Content Writer who can take complicated ideas and simplify them in an easy to read format. He or she will be responsible for collaborating with colleagues in product management, research, coverage and the broader marketing team. With a digital-first mindset, this person will be comfortable advising on content strategy and skilled at writing for different audiences, channels and platforms.
Capable of understanding key media and marketplace trends, this person will be adept at presenting complex academic information in a way that is engaging and accessible for our audiences. Materials will include content for company websites, blogs, digital and social media and print that describe insights, products, capabilities and the firm as a whole. The position also involves writing speeches, internal communications and keynote addresses for executive leadership.
• Writing and editing accurate, clear, clean and highly readable content quickly
• Familiarity with graphs and charts and ability to translate them into easy to read content
• Good at time management and tracking work flow
• Breaking down topics in institutional investing and risk management into a series of written materials that can be consumed easily leveraging short form writing, digital media distribution outlets and creative vehicles for communicating our message
• Mapping out plans, in collaboration with a global team of subject-matter experts, for the creation and delivery of materials
• Drawing on data from MSCI and others to render written materials, charts and other ways of expressing analysis
• Enforcing and adhering to established style guides (e.g., MSCI's in-house style and brand guidelines, AP Stylebook) to ensure editorial clarity and quality
• Able to work on multiple projects, manage time lines simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
• Comfortable managing one's own work, meeting deadlines and collaborating proactively with stakeholders and subject-matter experts
• Understanding how to write with a specific tone relevant to target client segments including both institutional and wealth client segments
• Able to navigate a matrix work environment and can remove roadblocks and to dig for information
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to drive a task to completion, professionalism and collegiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects/plans and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Confident self-starter with proven leadership qualities, ability to work in a matrix work environment and strong partnership skills
• 8-12 years of relevant writing experience
• Experience working in a corporate environment, a financial services or investment institution or news room is preferable
- Masters/University degree
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.