Financial Director for Client Coverage - New York, NY
- Support the Chief Client Officer (Head of sales & marketing) to be highly successful
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Create an operating rhythm for the CCO so that his communication with the other leaders helps to drive the direction at the firm
- Partner with the Leaders in Sales & Marketing to deliver on stretch targets
- Create a fully integrated financial infrastructure within the product & function construct at MSCI
- Manage all the sales, cancels, “net new” of the firm. This involves the planning, tracking and reporting to the entire firm.
- Manage the CAM (sales, cancels ) meeting with our CEO and senior management participants
- Lead on the calculation framework for Compensation incentive program (CIP), the variable program for the sales force
- Manage all the expenses for coverage & marketing
- Manage salesforce.com; and qlik related enhancements
- Review and recommend changes as needed to the operational and financial metrics driving the sales & marketing teams
- Lead the sales & marketing finance team to operate with very high effectiveness
- Lead on pricing for the firm (this entails developing processes and policies to govern both new and exceptions to standard pricing)
- Provide insightful analysis for the CCO and his team
- Significantly strengthen planning and analysis processes within Coverage (the sales and Marketing teams at MSCI)
- Work with CCO on his Board presentations, QBRs, MBRs and all critical communications
- Work closely with controllership team to build a process around accruals (mainly on the CIP), revenue recognition of new deals (working with other FDs)
- Proven skills in developing investment plans and driving financial execution
- Experience providing business management with insightful, relevant and timely information ensuring financial targets (including revenue, sales analysis and overall expense objectives) are met
- Lead monthly and quarterly operational & financial reporting
- Experience with new business and product development & approval and working with Legal, Compliance, Operations and Technology to ensure appropriate controls and processes are established for new businesses development
- Experience identifying and implementing expense optimization practices
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience managing though change with demonstrated leadership driving that change
- Strong collaboration skills and comfortable providing indirect leadership
- Comfortable working in a global environment
- Operationally knowledgeable in developing and using SaaS metrics on profitability and growth
- Experience leading strategic initiatives and investments through understanding the competitive landscape, industry trends, market structure and the potential business impact
- Experience with product pricing and profitability review, large deal review & partnering with product & sales management
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.