ETL Developer - Budapest, 06
- Performing data analysis as needed to drive the design of ETL processes.
- Designing and building ETL processes using a variety of tools within SQL Server and elsewhere.
- Writing SQL code whether in stored procedures, ETL processes or ad-hoc queries.
- Support the software teams in the design and implementation of software data access components, optimization and refactoring of database code and the design of data storage.
- Support the Data Operations team through the identification, design and construction of data management systems and tools, as well as improving existing ETL processes and designing new ones.
- Working alongside other members of the technology team including developers, database administrators and analysts within a hybrid agile planning framework.
- Bachelor's degree or higher is required, preferably in a hard science, engineering, or technical field.
- A high degree of inquisitiveness and an eagerness to learn at both detailed and abstract levels are must-have attributes.
- Excellent logical, analytical and communication skills are required, as well as the ability to Collaborate and thrive within agile teams.
- 3+ years hands-on development experience in the use of SQL Server; writing transact-SQL code, stored procedures within large databases and supporting sophisticated client software.
- 1+ years of ETL processing.
- Experience developing against large databases.
- Experience using the Talend ETL tool to import large amounts of data is a plus.
- Experience with Python 2 or 3 is a plus.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.