Senior Software Engineer in Test - London,
MSCI is seeking an outstanding software engineer to join our Functional QA team in London. As a key member of this team, the candidate will work closely with the global teams based in Berkeley, Budapest, Mumbai and New York City to ensure that MSCI risk applications continue to provide clients exceptional quality and sophistication. The candidate is expected to be detail oriented and capable of performing multi-task assignments in a timely and independent fashion.
The candidate will work on innovative applications utilizing the latest technologies, and will be responsible for ensuring that product specifications and functionality fulfill client needs. The individual is expected to create tests, setup regression automation, and execute functional tests for risk applications. The candidate should be highly motivated, have strong communications skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
The candidate will have opportunity to work on innovative financial applications utilizing the latest technologies and will be responsible for understanding client needs and for ensuring that product specifications and functionality fulfill client needs. The members of our Functional QA team have the opportunity to contribute in a broad set of roles including: developing test plans and test cases, verifying web service components, and implementing and using automated test tools.
The candidate will be exposed on a daily basis to a range of topics in the following areas:
- Perform test case management activities and track test requirement coverage.
- Analyze defects found during testing to identify likely root cause and create defect reports.
- Develop and extend automated test scripts, testing infrastructure, and all test related documentation.
- Develop, monitor, and intervene on automated test framework for workflow, web services, and user interfaces.
- Work with Product and Development teams to develop and execute test plans.
- Work with Release Engineers to ensure smooth delivery of our applications to our clients.
- Analyze our applications to identify key areas for automation.
- Assist in streamlining and improving the daily test processes.
- Test experience with financial software
- Project experience: Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in software quality assurance, functional and API based testing, performance testing and test automation. Extensive software quality assurance experience in all of the following areas:
- Experience writing large scale service testing frameworks focused on functionality, resiliency, and performance.
- Experience with scala, java, python or c#
- Experience working as embedded dev qa
- Experience working with financial systems
- Experience testing web services
- Experience with the core concepts of functional programming
- Platform skills: Linux.
- Tools: Gradle, Stash, JIRA
- Education: BS in Computer Science /Math/Statistics/Finance or a related field. Prefer Master's degree.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.