Technical Client Service Specialist - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Technical Client Services is a team in our high profile and dynamic application management group at MSCI. The team is broadly involved with pre-sales consulting, implementation and post-sales technical support across our entire risk management product set. Members of this team work with our Coverage and Account Management teams to implement our products in both an ASP and Behind the Firewall deployments, and operate as an escalation group from our front-line Client Service teams for ongoing support; this work is done remotely and when necessary on site.
- Work with a team of technical analysts and provide support via phone, email and on-site
- Monitor alerts, status of servers and jobs execution in Unix / Linux and Windows environment
- Primarily coordinate with various IT teams and Consultants in monitoring, identifying and resolving client issues / request
- Convert and load client portfolios in the application
- Proactively implement custom / workaround solutions to meet client expectations
- Conduct product API demos and present analytical coding directly to prospects
- Train prospects remotely and on-site during the trial phase on the technical side and educate prospects on how they can utilize MSCI Risk and Performance tools to meet their business requirements
- Provide technical assistance and training to technical analysts at client side
- Liaison/Training with backup teams in other geographical locations to provide continuity of service in the event of local issues
- Visit clients post-implementation to review operations and procedures related to RiskMetrics products and provide consultancy around integration and workflow best practices as needs evolve
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and other related courses, with more than 4 years of experience in a technical client facing role
- More than 4 years of experience in a technical client facing role
- Experience in Incident and Escalation Management
- Excellent communication skills with experience in both internal & external client communications
- Strong analytical and problem solving decision making skills
- Knowledge and experience in supporting clients on hosted web solutions is required
- Knowledge and experience in Java, .NET, SQL, RDBMS technologies
- Knowledge in scripting and batching languages, to include at least one of the following (Perl, VBA, WSH/vbScript)
- Familiar with analyzing log files and experience with Splunk (a strong plus)
- Additional qualifications in CFA (US) and / or FRM would be a plus, for candidates looking for rapid career development
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.