Technical Sales Specialist - New York, NY
The Technical Sales Specialist role is based in New York within our Analytics Coverage Organization. In this role you will work alongside sales and consultants within coverage to help drive new business. Using your deep technical product knowledge, you will be responsible for helping to expedite sales. In this role you will be able to articulate to specialized and/or sophisticated prospects and clients the value and benefits of MSCI's solutions. To be successful you will have a use case focus, and be proficient in single security analytics, risk measurement, performance attribution, and optimization.
- Drive sales by providing practitioner level risk and portfolio management expertise during the presales process.
- Help bring revenue opportunities to conclusion through ownership of the technical aspects of the sales cycle including assisting prospects and clients with POCs/model validation exercises, trials, and other pre-sales exercises that require significant effort and execution.
- Work closely with other groups within MSCI including research, applied research, and product development to ensure necessary resources are leveraged during the process.
- Proactively solicit feedback regarding new analytics and product features, and communicate internally.
- Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of market risk measurement and management, pricing and valuation, performance attribution, and optimization of all asset types including equity, fixed income/credit, securitized, private asset classes and derivatives.
- Candidates will have high quantitative skills and an ability to guide prospects and clients to appropriate product range based on relevant use case.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate MSCI solutions from a use case perspective.
- A deep understanding of portfolio management and risk management products.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be collaborative, motivated, and a team player.
- 5+ years of portfolio and/or risk management experience with multi-asset classes.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Post Graduate degree in Finance or other quantitative field preferred.
- Additional qualifications, such as CFA or FRM are preferred.
Who We Are:
We are proud of the fact that our clients, the world’s largest investors, consider our products to be “best in class”. For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Our clients use our research-based insights and tools to avoid unwanted risk and aim for better performance, relying on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. We maintain our leadership position by being both innovative and meticulous in everything we do. We work hard to understand the needs of our clients and then we work together to do the best possible job of developing products and services that will help them achieve their business goals. We are worldly, with clients in more than 85 countries. Our 7,000 clients include pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, mutual fund companies, hedge funds, wealth management firms, banks and insurance companies.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.