ESG Carbon Metrics Data Analyst - Manila,
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its ESG Ratings team with new positions in Manila.
The Carbon Metrics Analyst is expected to have a good level of awareness on general ESG trends, as well as the various lines of business companies are involved in. The core responsibility is to research and obtain information on a company's carbon management performance using a variety of sources including annual reports, proxy statements, quantitative data feeds from third-party providers, investor presentations, news publications, and other reports published by the company itself or its associates.
- Conduct research on Carbon emission and management indicators related to Carbon for the given set of companies.
- Conduct research to verify the quality of reported data using variety of sources including annual reports, proxy statements, quantitative data feeds, news publications, and other reports published by the company itself or its associates.
- Compilation and reporting of QA findings and defects. Excel based data analysis.
- Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/ratings/scores.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent English comprehension, writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Good computer knowledge, including a good working knowledge with Microsoft Office applications. Advanced excel skills (macros), preferable.
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong background in process oriented/data heavy tasks
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a global team; a strong team player.
- Experience on the following industry or area of expertise:
- ESG/Sustainability Research or business research
- Experience in GHG Management / GHG Accounting / CDM
- Experience in Energy sectors (Oil & Gas / Utilities), preferable
- 1-2 years' work experience in above areas
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferable
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.