Solutions Management Developer - Mumbai,
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and ESG data and research.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indexes with approximately USD 8 trillion estimated to be benchmarked to them on a worldwide basis1; Barra multi-asset class factor models, portfolio risk and performance analytics; RiskMetrics multi-asset class market and credit risk analytics; IPD real estate information, indexes and analytics; MSCI ESG (environmental, social and governance) Research screening, analysis and ratings; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
MSCI is seeking a Vice President level Solutions Management Engineer as part of our Global Solutions Management team. It is an individual contributor role, where the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of software development; with the goal of translating business requirements into scalable software solutions integrated into our services platform.
The Solutions Management Engineer interacts closely with internal organizations and customers to deliver value to the client implementation, while also working closely with our product managers on extensions to the standard product offering. The ideal candidate should therefore be attracted to work in a global team and have acquired basic knowledge of financial risk management methods. The candidate should also be productive and creative with an ability to thrive in a global organization.
- Understand customer requirements and map them to a technical implementation
- Develop extensive knowledge of MSCI products and tools
- Develop software within short iterations; continually enhance existing solutions based on internal and external feedback
- Lead the solution through its entire life-cycle all the way to execution.
Work closely with Engineering, Product Management and Implementation Team to define and prioritize work for client onboarding
- Accept changing roles and live diversity in a global team.
- Be willing to travel abroad for training or for client meetings.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- The candidate must have strong relevant work experience of 10 years or over including 5 years in C# or Java development
- Must have strong experience working in Investment Banking domain especially on Risk Management function
- He will be responsible for various phases of the SDLC, depending upon the projects; working with a cross-functional and global team on most projects
- He must have experience into scripting (Shell/Python) and Autosys.
- He must hands on experience into SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Candidate must have excellent communication, strong academic background (Top Universities and must have achieved above 65% throughout academics)
- Candidate must possess learning ability and must be a person with strong problem solving ability and must be solutions oriented
- Experience working in Agile Software Development methodology
- Open to working in EMEA hours
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.