Payroll Associate - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are looking to hire an experienced Payroll Administrator and Payroll Accountant whose primary responsibility will be to manage the day to day operations of assigned EMEA payrolls and to perform a payroll accounting role for these. The role will be based in Budapest, reporting to the Head of EMEA Payroll based in London. Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite for this role. In addition to fluency in written and spoken English, experience of general accounting is also a requirement. Fluency in written and spoken French is also desirable.
- Primary responsibility for administration of assigned EMEA payrolls ensuring that all payroll input is correctly communicated to our external payroll service providers, review of the payroll calculations to ensure they have been correctly performed and input of all payroll payments for authorisation on a timely basis once the payrolls have been approved
- Primary contact point with our external payroll service providers and our internal Human Resources department for the above payroll operations
- Management of all aspects of external payroll reporting for the assigned payrolls, including the filing of annual payroll returns, the preparation, filing and payment of periodic social security, tax and benefits returns and all other declarations related to payroll reporting in these countries
- Accounting assigned payrolls within our general ledger, including the recording of the monthly payroll entries, calculation and recording of compensation accruals and the reconciliation of balance sheet payroll accounts
- Accounting for other general compensation accruals and prepayments within the EMEA region, including preparation of the regional bonus and vacation accruals and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for other entities within the region
- Assistance with the preparation of documentation required for external audits of payroll expenses and accrued compensation accounts
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree in Accounting / Finance is an advantage)
- Payroll qualifications and diplomas are an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken French is desirable
- Between 4-7 years’ professional experience, preferably within a similar payroll or payroll accounting role
- Experience of working within an international and multi-cultural environment
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of technical ability in MS Excel and other computer desktop applications
- Highly motivated and proactive individual, eager to take personal ownership for the administration of payroll operations and accounting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong team-playing attitude
- Detail-focused approach to ensure that all payroll is performed to the highest level of accuracy and to ensure that all control steps within the payroll process are rigorously adhered to
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating a logical thought process and an ability to assimilate new information and tasks quickly
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to re-align priorities when required at short notice
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.