Business Analyst - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are looking for a hands-on, junior Business Analyst with knowledge and experience of the financial markets and financial data management. Join our team and help building out a growing financial data management system designed to support proprietary products serving many different outside customers!
You must be highly analytical, creative, intelligent, and should have knowledge of the financial markets as well as basic understanding of various data technologies. You must also be able to interact well with clients, vendors, colleagues and management, juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously. Understanding clients’ needs and uses of data and analytical tools in their investment processes is essential. You must be able to integrate quickly in our fast-paced and energetic, small but growing team and do what it takes to get the job done, drive forward both our thinking and our execution on financial data related solutions. This role is best suited for a results-driven, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
• Analyse and document client data requirements and develop business logic to address their needs.
• Work closely with global teams to provide an integrated and automated solution.
• Coordinate and take an active role in implementation and development projects, conduct related communication in a professional way both externally and internally.
• Work in tandem with the core development teams in realizing and maintaining a stable data channel.
• Help the Operations team in addressing any issues by leveraging solution and relationship experience.
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy.
Desired experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
• 2-3 years relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of capital markets, financial indices and financial data.
• Knowledge of market data vendors and financial data management practices is a plus.
• Experience and interactions with data systems and/or business intelligence solutions is a plus.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a result oriented, team-driven organization.
• Strong Excel skills and understanding of SQL. (Oracle, Sybase)
• Python 2, 3 or later is a plus.
• Fluent English is required.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.