Events Operations Support - New York, NY
This role will assist in the coordination of operations for global events program including seminars hosted by MSCI and third party industry events. The Events Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Global Events Manager and global team of Event Coordinators. This position requires an individual who is able to multitask, be proactive and combine a detailed approach every task.
· Assist with various tasks contributing to the overall organization of regional and global Events
· Program, manage and maintain inventory of event equipment including exhibit booths, printed material and branded promotional items
· Pre-event coordination assistance includes:
o Liaising with suppliers including third party conference organizers, venues, audio visual, catering, video editors, etc
o Coordinating details with key internal partners including marketing, administrative teams, etc
o Printing, shipping and tracking supplies for onsite events staff including name badges, marketing materials and other onsite documentation
· Act as onsite staff for events hosted on MSCI premises including registration desk and setup of room, AV, catering, etc
· Post-event coordination assistance includes:
o Follow-up with onsite events staff for post-event documentation including attendee lists and evaluation forms
o Tracking return shipment of event equipment and supplies
You should have:
· University degree or working towards a degree in Finance, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent experience
· Previous experience or strong interest in event planning
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and html
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to work in a demanding global environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluent English
· Willingness and ability to take the initiative
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.