ESG Sales Specialist - New York, NY
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its Client Coverage Team for the Americas with a sales and prospecting driven individual. As MSCI ESG Research continues to grow, our clients span some of the world's largest banks, hedge funds, pension funds, corporations and asset managers. As an MSCI ESG Research sales specialist you are responsible for growing existing client relationships as well as prospecting for new business development.
This Sales position is aimed at expanding and increasing the usage of an industry-leading suite of products and services that support the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions.
This role demands a consummate relationship builder, both internally and externally, in order to drive sales and hit revenue targets. Key to this role is the creation and timely execution of pipeline which the sales specialist takes full ownership of. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments.
· Consistently over achieve sales and operational objectives within an established budget.
· Prospect, engage, and close business to multiple marketplaces
· Research and identify the most appropriate individual within assigned markets most interested in ESG Research Products
· Engage and develop business relationships with key decision-makers (both client and prospect)
· Lead efforts to successfully renew and up sell the existing client base
· Develop monthly sales forecasts and prepare reports for use by the ESG Sales Management team
· Communicate with sales and product management market suggestions to improve, customize, or create new products
· Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, sales techniques, etc.
· Understand and master all MSCI ESG Research offerings and maintain a solid grasp of the responsible investment marketplace
· Record and update all sales efforts in MSCI's CRM database
· Attend relevant industry events
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· 3+ years of direct sales experience
· Bachelor’s degree required (MA or CFA designation preferred) or equivalent experience
Ability to travel
· Knowledge of the Buy-Side Investment community highly preferred
· Knowledge of the Responsible Investment community and how ESG factors impact the investment process preferred
· Strong cold calling skills
· Verified track record in developing new business and growing established revenue streams against a quantitative objective
· Financial Services sales experience highly preferred
· Excellent presentational skills and inter-personal relationships
· A team builder and player with emotional maturity
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.