Data Operations Analyst - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Operations Analyst fills a key role on MSCI's Client Data Operations team - sharing responsibility for ensuring that the custodian and client provided data used by our clients is complete, accurate and timely. Accurate data is an essential component of all of MSCI's products and the Operations Analyst is a primary facilitator of ensuring this and delivering a positive experience for our clients. MSCI also relies on the Operations Analyst to provide guidance for future automation that ensures excellence and flexibility during the lifetime of the data.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of custodial data by maintaining existing datafeeds and working with internal and external parties to enhance these feeds.
- Establish relationships with all internal groups, particularly Providers, so that clients are proactively aware of any data issues.
- Load all client’s own data. In many cases, the data originates from our Clients internal systems.
- Managing accurate and timely data loads, as well as communicating and resolving any issues with our clients makes a difference that defines our client’s experience when interacting with MSCI.
- Identify and implement solutions to improve the quality of data processes. Work with core development teams by suggesting improvements.
- Work collaboratively with all areas of MSCI to provide a comprehensive solution to our clients.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of two year of professional experience in similar role.
- SQL is required.
- Quality of Work, specifically: high level of attention to granular details; ability to work on an issue independently and on a timely manner to meet daily delivery deadlines.
- Problem solving skills, specifically: the ability to select, organize and analyse pertinent information in formulating options and recommending solutions.
- Planning and Organization skills, specifically: documenting and simplifying complex tasks; and orchestrating multiple projects at one time.
- Communication skills, specifically: organized, concise, and clear speaking and writing styles; and awareness of how to leverage the communication method and tone appropriate to the context.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience in automation is a plus.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.