ESG Credit Research - New York, NY
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand and strengthen its ESG Research team's capabilities in credit and fixed income research. The ESG Credit Research Specialist will be responsible for producing high profile research, enhancing methodologies, and developing new products to support our clients efforts to integrate ESG factors into fixed income investments. The role will entail spending significant time on client-facing activities. Analysts investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by major corporate and non-corporate issuers globally. Presentations of industry and company analysis to both MSCI clients and potential clients, contact with the corporations we assess, as well as contribution to developing our ratings model are all key components of the job.
A qualified candidate would have experience in conducting analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and have strong facility with modeling as well as experience in management and client interactions.
- Frequent presentations and meetings with clients and prospects
- Preparation of 2-3 thematic reports per year focusing on key 'thought leading' implications of ESG research findings Analyze and prepare research reports covering major corporate issuers
- Contribution to ongoing improvement of ratings model and research processes, new product development including ESG-related fixed income indexes
- Additional methodological and research projects as needed, including collaboration across MSCI global research team
- Strong background in research and analysis
- Excellent writing, communication, and public speaking skills
- Experienced at presenting results of research in public settings
Desired Experience & qualifications:
- Credit research or fixed income markets, and Environmental, social, or governance research, or Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or Analytical roles within key industries, or Relevant public policy or academic or NGO experience
- Minimum of Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in related field preferred (Masters or PhD) but not required
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.