Administrative Assistant - New York, NY
In this position, the Assistant will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support on a day to day basis. This includes clear communication; discrete handling of confidential information; accountability; and the ability to “manage the manager's expectations”. Day to day tasks include: preparation of high-level meetings and providing backup support to top executives, calendar planning; scheduling meetings; coordinating conference calls; handling internal communications; phone coverage; transcribing voicemail messages; travel arrangements and expense reporting; filing; preparing documents for meetings; photocopying. Must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment
Below is a more detailed description of the primary responsibilities. (Please note that this description is not all inclusive and additional duties may be required from time to time):
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Maintain calendars - arrange, coordinate and prioritize complex scheduling and logistics
- Provide telephone coverage - answer executive phones, take accurate messages, know executive's whereabouts at all times, handle urgent calls with appropriate judgment.
- Arrange (including selection of date, time, and location) internal and external meetings (internal meetings typically require extensive coordination with counterparts in MSCI's offices globally)
- Compose and type agendas and correspondence for special events, board meetings, committee meetings and development activities
- Responsible for handling all travel arrangements (domestic and international) including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, rental cars, off-site meeting venues
- Arrange special meeting facilities (e.g. food, PC projector, etc.); send meeting confirmation emails; prepare and distribute meeting materials
- Prepare various materials when requested, using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel prepare expense reports
- Manage internal communications
- Special Projects and Events for the Coverage Team
- Senior Management Backup within coverage team and or As Needed
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience managing senior management and interacting with Executives
- Heavy Calendar management
- Interaction with Client Assistants
- Time Management
- PowerPoint Skills
- Flexible, Smart thinker, gatekeeper, sense of urgency
Competencies and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Executive Assistant
- College undergraduate degree required;
- Flexible hours OT is required (regular hours are 8:00am-6:00pm)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, proactive
- Team player who will work closely with other administrative assistants
- Proficiency in Outlook (email and calendar management) and advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Tech savvy with knowledge of social media business applications
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environments and able to multi-task.
- Poise and decorum to interact with senior level executives.
- Experienced with Senior Management, CSuite , Corporate Professional , Self Confidence
- Flexible, Smart thinker, gatekeeper, sense of urgency,
- Organized, Proactive, strong communication, Punctual
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.