HR Analyst - New York, NY
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The HR Analyst role will handle operations related to talent acquisition, talent management, employee life cycle changes and employee queries.
We are seeking someone who has the ability and confidence to work for a remote team with minimal supervision on a day to day basis. Candidates for our HR Operations Team will need to have a helpful, proactive attitude, a keen willingness to take full ownership of all HR administrative duties.
He/She will have exposure to a high level of confidential information and therefore requires an individual who is discreet, has exceptional attention to detail and has the ability to build strong relationships with HR Partners, Employees and Managers remotely.
Scope of Responsibility
Support and manage the administration processes for on-boarding and induction of new joiners, employee benefits, employee relations, immigration, talent, exit management, performance management and the Year End compensation and promotion process. This includes :
Talent Acquisition Operations
- Interview management and provisioning
- Background Investigation coordination with empanelled vendors
- Offer letter Management , onboarding and induction facilitation of new hires
- Working on requisite HR systems like Taleo and Workday
- Ensure Vidyo, Skype interviews are set up correctly
- Process monthly recruitment invoices
- Send out first day of work instructions to new hires
- Pull Global/Regional weekly recruitment reports/analytics
- Track employee referrals and monitor payout schedule
- Support other Recruitment strategy initiatives-University Relations or Temporary Staffing
Employee Life Cycle changes
- Processing Employee life cycle changes like transfers, job movements, terminations.
- Handling all types of employee letter issuance like reference letters, visa invitation letters, etc.
- Benfits and Policy administration in liaison with HR partners and empanelled vendors
- Invoice Management
- Coordinating for international transfers and managing the employee mobility process. Managing the administration process in line with corresponding legislation and compliance procedures.
- Requisition creation and management
- Exit Management and administration
- Handling employee queries and liasoning with HR parterners on a daily basis
Talent Management Operations
- Provisioning for conducting/implementing training programs
- Coordination with external and internal trainers
- Maintain and report on all training participation data through the learning management system (LMS)
- Maintain accurate data in all HR Systems like Workday and Taleo on timely basis
- Monitor the case management tool and be the first point of contact for general HR queries
- Provide administrative support for annual or ad hoc HR projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Know-How of Spanish language preferred
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Stakeholder relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources Operations / Administration in a matrix, international organization.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in any field
- Experienced working in a HR shared services setup is preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work individually or within a team
- Ability to provide efficient and reliable assistance, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Familiarity with using HR systems/technologies and SharePoint is a plus
- Experience in the financial service industry is a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.