Operations Specialist - Mumbai, MH
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Are you smart, motivated, and passionate about IT Infrastructure and Operations? MSCI is seeking a smart, enthusiastic & hands-on IT operations team member. This role is within the Global Service Assurance Operations - Center team.
- 24 X 7 monitoring & management of alerts, events via relevant monitoring & ticketing tools
- Batch job monitoring
- Monitor and escalate any issues related to early and late restarts
- Provide Level 1 & Level 2 technical support for Windows/Linux platform issues
- Provide level 1 technical support for applications on Windows and Linux based systems
- Coordinate maintenance activities and outages with infrastructure, Application management and TCS teams
- Identify key areas for automation and optimization to enhance productivity
Identify opportunities for optimizing performance and provide suggestions for development
- Should have exposure handling major incidents and escalations
Desired experience and qualification:
- 3+ years of overall experience working in 24 X 7 IT infrastructure & Operations environment
- 1+ years of relevant experience in Infrastructure / Applications monitoring and support
- Good working knowledge of Linux & Windows Administration
- Good problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Quick learner
- Should have exposure working on monitoring & ticketing tools
- Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills
- Must be a Go-Getter and should require minimal supervision
- Good team Player, with excellent eye for detail
- Good Stakeholder management skills
- Should have a high degree of self-motivation, strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- ITIL Foundation certified
- MCSE, CCNA certified
- Understanding of Perl, Windows/Linux Scripting
- Good Understanding of latest Datacenter technologies
- Understanding of Java, XML
- Apache/Tomcat/Web Services experience a plus
- Database experience a plus - Oracle/MSSQL skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.