Performance Attribution Developer - Monterrey,
The IT – Data Management team is looking for an Associate - Performance Attribution Developer in Monterrey. The performance attribution data system is a data service that delivers vendor specific benchmark, index and constituent data in a normalized model sufficient for applications to implement performance attribution and related functionality on client portfolios. This system is continually enhanced in response to the introduction of new investment products, changes in investment management strategy, and changes to upstream applications. The candidate will be working on vendor specific implementations, index additions and enhancements to the performance attribution data system.
Scope of Responsibility
- Design and implementation of vendor specific data loaders written in object-oriented perl.
- Work on index addition requests by configuring meta data in oracle database tables, changing the existing data loaders written in perl.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven global environment.
- Collaborate with Data analysts on a daily basis.
- Assist with production deployment and post-production support.
- 3+ years of hands-on programming experience, design and coding of applications.
- Experience with objected-oriented perl
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Relational databases experience, preferably Oracle
- Java, python.
- Excellent English Communication skills.
- A self-starter and highly motivated, ability to work individually and within a team.
- Experience with any version control system, preferably GIT
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines.
Bachelor degree in computer science or finance.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.