ESG Research Contingent - New York, NY
MSCI ESG Research is seeking an ESG Research Associate to join our global analyst team on a contract basis for duration of four months.
The research analyst is expected to have a strong interest in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) trends and specific knowledge of the dominant ESG issues for selected industries. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by the industries and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for publicly traded companies. The research will support MSCI ESG Ratings, which provides institutional investors with a comprehensive ESG integration solution.
In addition to possessing excellent communication and data analysis skills, the ideal candidate is expected to follow company news, industry trends, and relevant regulations that impact a company’s ESG profile.
Currently, we prefer candidates knowledgeable on Consumer Staples, Services or Extractive industries, but all candidates with ESG experience are encouraged to apply.
- Analyze companies within the framework of MSCI ESG Ratings and identify key industry-specific ESG trends
- Prepare company ESG Ratings and industry reports that are catered to investment professionals
- Demonstrate thought leadership in key ESG issues impacting company coverage
- Contribute to ongoing methodology projects that improve the availability of ESG data and how ESG issues can materialize into key risks or opportunities for investors.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Knowledge on Consumer Staples, Services or Extractive industries is preferred, but all candidates with ESG experience are encouraged to apply
- Excellent writing and communication skills to successfully convey company ESG ratings and methodology in a public setting
- Ability to find creative solutions to gaps in company disclosure or poor data availability
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment and establish strong relationships across a global team
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum two years of full-time professional experience in:
- ESG research industry, or
- Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or
- Analytical roles within key industries, or
- Relevant public policy or academic or NGO experience
- Bachelors' degree required; Advanced degree in related field (Masters or PhD) or CFA is preferred and it can be taken into consideration in lieu of professional experience
- Strong background in research and analysis, with particular emphasis on relevant industry and ESG issues
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.