Analytics Sales Specialist - Chicago, IL
MSCI Analytics Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for all MSCI Portfolio Management Analytics products. Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
The role entails positioning and closing sales of quantitative investment decision support tools such as multi-factor models and portfolio optimization models at our current clients as well as our prospective clients. Sales Specialists use their knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data model distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI Barra tools for their clients.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, contract negotiation, sales closing, product setup and delivery. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments.
Scope of Responsibility
Total Relationship Management involving:
- High level management contact
- Strategic planning with accounts
- New product placement
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI Barra products and methodologies
- Achieve targeted revenue and strategic client segment goals
- Inform all clients about MSCI Barra’s products, announcements, projects, etc.
- Work with other departments (Client service, Legal, Contracts, Billing, etc.) to ensure that all client requests / inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong sales closing skills
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Understanding of / experience dealing with major international institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker / Dealers, Pension Plans, and Consultants
- Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Thorough understanding of the Investment Management Process
- 5-7 years of experience in the financial service industry, including direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment. Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required plus MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA charter holder
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.