Market Risk Client Consultant - New York, NY
Analytics Client Consultants act as trusted advisors to our clients; it is via this platform that consultants take responsibility and ownership of the client relationship. Consultants look to develop deep linkages with our clients, and work hard to deliver service that is personalized, of high quality, and strongly valued. They aim at helping clients make best usage of our products in the context of their investment process and their business goals. Consultants are rewarded by client satisfaction that results in a high retention rate, opportunities to grow the relationship, a strong impact in the pre sales process as a product expert and most importantly as an industry expert that clients rely upon to get the most value out of MSCI products and services.
The individual will be responsible for supporting a suite of Risk Management Analytics products and services, sharing best practices, explaining complex analytics applied to multi asset class portfolios, recommending modeling best practices and partnering with the sales team to provide expertise in client engagements and pre-sales activities.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of market risk measurement and management, pricing and valuation of asset types, including equity, fixed income, commodities, and derivatives, highly quantitative skills, and an ability to guide institutional clients to better use our products to assess risks and make more informed investment decisions. The successful candidate must be adaptable, able to lead efforts by cross-functional teams to solve clients’ problems and must be able to represent MSCI at all levels of management at clients, including senior officers in the risk management and portfolio management functions, as well as traders, researches, and IT staff.
Performance is primarily based on the pro-active services and ideas from the consultant to improve client experience, secure renewals and help grow client relationships with up-sales.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Manage the portfolio of clients’ renewal book, ensuring frequent client interaction to identify and mitigate retention risks
- Identify opportunities to increase client usage of our products and identify new users. Work closely with the sales team on potential up-sell opportunities
- Provide insight into the risk and investment process on client portfolios by modeling complex securities, interpreting and explaining analytical results
- Understand the trends in the sell side segment that include new regulatory requirements. Identify and present new opportunities for MSCI in this segment to the business management group
- Strong internal advocate for client requirements, working closely with function heads to develop product and services
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid foundation in quantitative finance which include derivative pricing models, simulation techniques, stress testing and statistical techniques in finance (PCA, Regression etc)
- Good working knowledge of Fixed Income, Credit and Commodity products with a strong interest and aptitude to understand characteristics of new and exotic instruments
- Direct experience with counterparty credit risk analytics, including PFE and CVA, familiarity with netting and margining rules a plus
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Attention to detail will be key in becoming an expert in the wide array of MSCI analytics products
- Keen interest in understanding the latest developments in the financial markets and regulation
- 5-10 years’ experience in quantitative finance, risk management or trading preferred
- Experience in Sell Side institutions preferred
- Bachelor's degree, MBA in Finance or Masters/PhD in quantitative finance related degree preferred
- CFA or FRM a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.