Index Sales Specialist - San Francisco, CA
As an Index Sales Specialist you are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for MSCI products. You will travel within the sales territory to meet and stay connected with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. As the Sales Specialist you will be educating, positioning and licensing MSCI’s global equity index data to current clients as well as prospective clientele. You will use your knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI tools. This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI’s index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indexes are used by the investment community is ongoing. You will work cooperatively with Product Management, Global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Global Sales Colleagues, Legal Counsel and Finance Operations.
Total Relationship Management involving:
· Build and maintain trust and relationships with all levels of client, including Sr. Management
· Strategic planning with an account
· New product placement
· Identification of opportunities across other business segments
· Provide supportive solutions to detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
· Achieve targeted revenue goals
· Inform all clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
· Work with other departments to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
· Maintain dependable and accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
· Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
· Provide feedback from clients to Product Management, Marketing, Sales Colleagues and Research
You should have:
· Bachelor’s Degree Required or equivalent experience; MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA charter holder a plus
· 3+ years of experience in the financial service industry
· Minimum of 3 years direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
· Strong sales closing skills
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Understanding of/experience building trust and relationships with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Consultants
· Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
· A dependable self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and supportively within a team
· Thorough understanding of the investment management process
· Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
You might also have:
· MBA, Master's Degree and/or CFA charter holder highly desired
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.