Global Marketing Events Team Lead - New York, NY
The Global Events Manager role has two main areas of focus. First is the management of six event coordinators across all regions. Second is management of in-house/external events, which includes setting objectives, vendor relationships, onsite staffing and post-event follow-up.
The Global Events Manager works closely with all key functions within MSCI including Sales, Research, Product Management and colleagues within the Marketing team. This role requires an individual who is able to combine a very detailed and organized approach to managing events with the ability to negotiate and influence.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Manage Global Events Program across various product lines, regions and staff to help meet business and sales objectives
- Coordinate committees to run MSCI’s attendance and logistics at industry events
- Manage MSCI hosted events, including webinars.
- Help lead team of event coordinators across all regions
- Manage and control global events budget
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Technical knowledge including:
- Basic html
- Above basic knowledge of excel preferred but not required
- Mass email program and/or marketing automation tools, preferably Pardot.
- registration systems like Certain Registration or Cvent
- University degree in Finance, Marketing or related discipline
- Experience working with business to business (B2B) marketing teams, preferably within financial services
- Experience in events management
- Experience running web events, preferably with Webex
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage within budget
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.