ESG Research - Beijing,
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc., is seeking to expand its global ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) Research analyst team. The research analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general sustainability and ESG trends, and specific knowledge about the dominant sustainability and ESG issues for selected industries. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by the industries and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for large publicly traded companies globally.
Currently, we have a particular preference for candidates with experience and expertise in Energy and Chemical sectors, but all interested candidates with other industries of expertise are welcome to apply. Besides industry expertise, knowledge of social and environmental impact areas relevant to Chinese and Asian markets is required. Strong analytical and modeling skills are welcomed.
Scope of Responsibility
- 3-5 industry, country, or issue reports per year
- Analyze and prepare research reports for 30-50 companies per year
- Occasionally prepare and deliver presentations to clients and at public forums
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of ratings model and methodology, particularly as it relates to Chinese companies.
- Background in research and data analysis
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Native Chinese language
- Experienced at presenting results of research in public settings
Full-time professional experience in:
- ESG research industry, or
- Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or
- Analytical roles within key industries, or
- Relevant public policy / sustainability / green finance or academic or NGO experience
Minimum of Bachelors' degree required. Advanced degree in related field (Masters or PhD) or CFA is preferred but not required
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.