VP - Index Finance Team Lead
- The Vice President of Index Finance will report to the Finance Director of Index. In this role s/he will provide advice and counsel to the Product Leadership team regarding business opportunities and challenges, using financial metrics and analysis.
- The Vice President of Index Finance will manage a team of 2-3 people.
- In addition to assisting with the day-to-day financial management of the Index Product line, the Vice President of Index Finance will work closely with the Index leadership team to develop the short-term and strategic financial plans. These plans will incorporate the development of both financial and operating metrics focused on driving the execution of the core investments to the Product line.
- The VP will develop systematic processes for measuring and monitoring the product line's pricing and the return on investment for its activities.
- Strong oral and written presentation communication skills
- Experience engaging, influencing, and working with senior management
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial and accounting statements
- Proven skills in developing investment plans and driving financial execution
- Experience providing business management with insightful, relevant and timely information ensuring financial targets (revenue & EBITDA margin) including revenue, sales analysis and overall expense objectives are met
- Led monthly and quarterly financial segment reporting Experience with new business and product development & approval
- Ability to work cross functionally to develop financial plans. and working with Legal, Compliance, Operations, Technology and Sales & Marketing Candidate should have experience working as a strategic partner to technology and operational units and be innovative in ideas on managing a mixed cost base.
- Knowledge of product & client profitability approaches
- Experience identifying and implementing expense optimization practices
- Expertise in the operations and financial management of SaaS environment
- Operationally knowledgeable in developing and using SaaS metrics on profitability and growth
- Experience leading strategic initiatives and investments through understanding the competitive landscape, industry trends, market structure and the potential business impact
- Experience with product pricing and profitability review, large deal review & partnering with product & sales management
- College degree; Finance or Business Degree preferred, but not required
- MBA from accredited university preferred, but not required
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.