Index Derivatives Client Relationship Manager - New York, NY
The Index Derivatives Client Relationship Manager will report to the Head of Derivatives Product Management and will play an important role in supporting the growth of visibility and awareness of MSCI indexes in the listed futures and options market in N. America. This person will bring a thorough knowledge of the listed futures and options industry, the exchange and index linked product landscape, the use cases, and the users and intermediaries on the buy-side and sell-side. This individual will have strong client relationship management skills along with a keen sense of business development and entrepreneurial orientation. The ability to manage cross-functional internal relationships in a strong team environment will also be very important.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
This role will be primarily focused on supporting our efforts to increase the footprint of MSCI in the listed futures and options industry by raising awareness and visibility of MSCI indexes with market participants. They will do this in close collaboration with client coverage colleagues across various client segments and geographies. The role will also involve working closely with our Client Service, Marketing and Research teams to gain cross-functional support for specific initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
· Mapping out the landscape of equity index users in the listed futures and options industry across the US and Canada
· Understanding the use cases and creating the content and messaging for establishing new relationships and developing existing relationships in the market
· Developing plans and metrics around increasing awareness and visibility of MSCI indexes in the listed F&O industry
· Working closely with client coverage colleagues in coordinating engagement with market participants
· Representing MSCI at numerous derivatives industry events
· Working with marketing colleagues to develop marketing/events plans and execution
· Coordinating with clients and vendors on business development initiatives
· Supporting management with business reporting and strategy/operating plan development
· Developing client specific and business specific plans & strategies
· Supporting the development of internal and external pitch book material and collateral
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
· High level of attention to detail
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Ability to run multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to communicate effectively across the organization globally with colleagues across different functions
· Strong understanding of financial markets and derivatives markets including options and futures markets, global exchange and product landscape, use cases and end users
· Ability to interact with clients directly
· Strong excel, word and power point skills
· 7-10 years’ experience in the financial sector with direct experience and knowledge of the listed futures and options industry
· Relationship management experience directly with users and intermediaries in the listed futures and options markets
· Involvement in preparation of strategy, operating plan, business plans and internal business update reporting
· Experience working across a matrix organization with proven ability to work cross functionally to develop and execute plans; experience working with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Operations, and Technology
· Skills in managing multiple projects and initiatives in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
· Experience leading strategic initiatives and through understanding the competitive landscape, industry trends, market structure and the potential business impact of initiatives
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance or other relevant discipline
· MBA a plus
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.