Index Applied Research - New York, NY
MSCI is looking for an exceptional candidate to join the Index Applied Research group. Index Applied Research is a client-centric research group with a broad mandate to write and speak with clients about index and benchmark trends, new (non-cap weighted and cap-weighted) index products and their applications, asset allocation and global investing trends that are most relevant for the investment process of our highly diverse client base.
The group utilizes a variety of MSCI analytical tools and products to offer research insights through publications and presentations which are distributed electronically and also delivered at conferences, seminars and through webinars as well as during client / prospect meetings.
The group also reports to senior management on major market and investment trends and their potential impact on the firm's strategic research and product development agenda.
- As a member of a global team, the successful candidate will have wide-ranging responsibilities, including the following:
- Work within a global team on investment problems from clients around the world
- Lead hands-on research, both as an individual and as a member of the team, on the use of MSCI index products and data in the investment process;
- Work closely with clients to provide innovative index-related solutions to their investment challenges; and
- Analyze competitor offerings and solutions;
- Represent the research aspects of our product offerings in client and prospect meetings throughout Americas;
- Act as an ambassador for current and upcoming research initiatives through speaking engagements at industry events, MSCI Inc. research conferences, and client/prospect meetings.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, economics or related field. CFA is a plus.
- Relevant professional experience (ideally Masters or PHD) in the Investment Management industry, preferably in a research role that includes presenting the research externally.
- Statistical skills (e.g., time series and cross-sectional analysis) and facility with statistical and database packages (e.g., R and S+, matlab, SQL) required.
- Knowledge of portfolio management, risk management or portfolio construction processes is essential.
- Familiarity with asset allocation and risk modelling tools (MSCI) is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in writing research reports are vital
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.