Legal Entity Controller - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Budapest Corporate Accounting team is responsible for local and US GAAP accounting, tax compliance and reporting for our entities in the EMEA region. Legal entity accounting control for different operating entities in the EMEA region, including detailed month end close procedures according to local GAAP and US GAAP.
- Preparing and recording of certain accounting journals e.g. booking of bank journals, prepayments, accruals
- Preparing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for the month end close
- Finance approval of vendor invoices
- Assistance of the controller team in different accounting and reporting exercises
- Review of tax declarations, payment of tax advances in cooperation with local tax advisors
- Assistance with external and internal audit enquiries
Desired experience and qualifications:
- College or university degree in finance / accounting
- Specification in accounting is an advantage
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an accounting position
- Experience of working within an international organization or in audit / accounting firm is an advantage
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Good language skills: fluency in written and spoken English is required; other languages would be an advantage
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel
- High attention to details and good analytical skills
- High level of motivation, commitment to work hard and a desire to make an impact with all internal and external clients
- Team player and desire to work effectively with diverse cultures in a global organization
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.