APAC Index Product Manager - Hong Kong,
Scope of Responsibility/Expectations:
- This is a critical role with material and measurable revenue goals and significant general management career advancement prospects.
- The product manager owns the Product Strategy in APAC for a range of MSCI index Products, working with product management colleagues around the world, and in cooperation with the Sales, Research and Operations functions in APAC. The Strategy includes all 4Ps.
- In addition to Product Strategy, this individual will be tasked with ensuring high standards in go-to-market execution, mostly through the Sales organization. This includes the creation of Sales campaigns, ensuring smart client segmentation based on their needs, competitive product positioning etc.
- The product manager will have direct client facing opportunities to present the product benefits and help overcome the more challenging roadblocks.
- This role requires a combination of strong analytical skills and strategic and competitive thinking. But it also requires the ability to drive activities from others with a strong sense of urgency. This is an individual contributor, hands on position.
- The product manager will regularly present strategy, plans and results to senior management
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Analytical skills
- Competitive, strategic thinking
- At least eight years of work experience with a good understanding of the institutional investment process
- Proven track record in Product management or related fields
- Team-player with the maturity and presence to lead multifunctional teams
- Client facing skills to occasionally support the sales process
- Advanced degree, preferably an MBA from a highly regarded institution
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.