ESG Ratings Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
- MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its ESG Ratings team with new positions in Mumbai.
- An ESG Ratings associate is expected to have a strong working knowledge of general ESG trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for a number of industries. Analysts rate companies and write Company Profiles for large, mid and small cap companies from across the globe.
- A qualified candidate would be required to have experience in making presentations relating to the industries and companies that he/she analyses to both internal and external groups.
- The candidate will research information about a company's environmental, social, and governance performance, as well as traditional financial risk, using a variety of interesting sources including non-governmental organizations, annual reports, proxy statements, corporate social responsibility reports, sustainability reports, equity research reports, news publications, research studies, and engagement with the companies themselves.
- Searching for, procuring, and processing information about global companies using multiple methods, techniques and sources.
- Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/ratings/scores.
- Working with different types of information sources (i.e. lengthy annual reports, websites, quantitative data feeds, web crawlers), types of information (i.e. quantitative data, key performance indicators, prose narratives), topics or subject matters (i.e. traditional financial risk, corporate governance, and sustainability) and types of analysis (i.e. rules-based, subjective analysis, written summaries).
- Produce scores, ratings and other forms of relevant analysis.
- Monitoring quality and productivity metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Participate in various working committees and/or projects relating to ESG Research.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience:
- in ESG Research industry, or
- relevant financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or
- relevant public policy or academic or NGO experience
- Bachelors' degree required
- Advanced degree in related field preferred (masters or PhD) but not mandatory
- Strong understanding of ESG/ Sustainability Issues
- Strong background in process oriented/data heavy tasks
- Strong English reading and speaking skills. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage
- Experienced at presentation of research results in global settings
- Experienced at working in office set-up with multiple locations/overseas teams
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.