Quantitative Index Research - Mumbai, MH
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The MSCI Index Research team is responsible for the ongoing construction and management of all MSCI Factor, Thematic, Capped, Custom and ESG Indexes. The team is currently based in Geneva, Mumbai, New York, Hong Kong and Manila.
The team is responsible for constructing and managing and enhancing the MSCI Factor, Thematic, Capped and ESG Indexes including:
Monitoring developments in the investment management process globally, including new trends and styles in portfolio management, investment styles and asset allocation.
Researching and recommending methodology enhancements in close consultation with leading investment management firms.
Constructing and rebalancing the indexes in accordance with the index methodology.
- Index construction and maintenance for the various MSCI Factor, Thematic, Capped, Custom and ESG Indexes including the quarterly and semi-annual rebalancing of indices, , the analysis and recommendation of securities for index additions and/or deletions
- Development and expansion of the index rebalancing framework, including concepts of modular design in order to fast-track the launch of new indexes
- Monitor developments in the investment management process and evaluate the continued relevance of the MSCI index methodologies in line with trends in investment styles.
- Recommend methodology enhancements in close consultation with clients and investment managers.
- Prepare and present various index methodological reports to the equity decision committees, participate in product enhancement and product development efforts
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 2-3 years relevant work experience (e.g., equity research, investment management)
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in finance, econometrics or science/engineering field
- CFA/FRM is an advantage
- Understanding of equity analysis and equity investment process, familiarity with Institutional Investment Practices and Buy Side Portfolio Management concepts
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge. Good knowledge of VBA is a plus. Knowledge of Matlab/SQL and modular designing preferred.
- Familiar with investment research and data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, risk and portfolio management systems)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.