Senior QA Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is seeking an outstanding software engineer to join our risk application QA team in Mumbai. As a key member of this team, the candidate will work closely with the global teams based in Beijing, Berkeley, Boston, Budapest, Norman, Mumbai and New York City to ensure that MSCI risk applications continue to provide clients exceptional quality and sophistication. The candidate is expected to be detail oriented and capable of performing multi-task assignments in a timely and independent fashion. The candidate will work on innovative applications utilizing the latest technologies, and will be responsible for ensuring that product specifications and behavior fulfill client needs. The individual is expected to design, create and operate tests used in validating the functionality, performance, and stability of platform release candidates. The position will involve troubleshooting functional and performance-related issues, identifying underlying problematic components, and communicating and working with other development teams to resolve. The candidate should be highly motivated, have strong communications skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
- The candidate will have opportunity to work on innovative financial applications utilizing the latest technologies and will be responsible for understanding client needs and for ensuring that product specifications and functionality fulfill client needs. The members of our Functional QA team have the opportunity to contribute in a broad set of roles including: developing test plans and test cases, verifying web service components, and implementing and using automated test tools.
- The candidate will be exposed on a daily basis to a range of topics in the following areas:
- Perform test case management activities and track test requirement coverage.
- Analyze defects found during testing to identify likely root cause and create defect reports.
- Develop and extend automated test scripts, testing infrastructure, and all test related documentation.
- Develop, monitor, and intervene on automated test framework for workflow, web services, and user interfaces.
- Work with Product and Development teams to develop and execute test plans.
- Work with Release Engineers to ensure smooth delivery of our applications to our clients.
- Analyze our applications to identify key areas for automation.
- Assist in streamlining and improving the daily test processes.
Desired experience and qualification:
- Test experience with financial software
- Working Experience on Selenium, WebDriver and other automation technologies.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a computer related field.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.