For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
You'll be working on a strategic enhancement of MSCI's Index Calculation Engine as part of a small, Budapest-based team. You'll be involved in designing front-end applications and tailor the backend to accommodate your front-end implementation. You'll work with colleagues from Budapest, Geneva and Mumbai. Bringing fresh ideas and providing your own view is highly appreciated.
• You will design, develop and support front-end applications written in TypeScript using AngularJS 4.
• You will write robust, reliable, production quality code according to industry standards.
• You will be using a modern, open source-based technology stack (we tend to avoid reinventing the wheel).
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of professional software development
• Hands-on work experience with JS and a modern front-end framework (ideally AngularJS)
• Hands-on work experience with Java SE
• B.Sc. in IT, engineering, or any other applicable field
• Solid foundations in OOP
• A good understanding of distributed software architectures
• Hands-on experience with multi-threading, messaging and persistence
• Ability to create and execute your own schedule
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.