Equity Data Management Associate - Manila,
MSCI is looking for an Associate for Equity Data Management Team of MSCI. EDM is responsible for the collection, maintenance, and quality control of certain non-price related data points that in turn serve as inputs to its various products related to Equity Index Series.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
The roles and responsibilities are structured geographically. Each analyst will be assigned certain countries and will gain functional expertise for the assigned countries. An analyst would typically perform the following function for his coverage:
Universe Management: defining the equity universe to facilitate index size segmentation by market
- Fundamental Data Update: processing the company's financial statements on an ongoing basis to facilitate the computation of valuation ratios used in certain MSCI products
- Float Review: processing the company's shareholding structure to determine the free float of securities on an annual basis
- Number of Shares Review: processing the company's latest number of shares to account for certain corporate events
- Global Industry Classification Standards (GICS®) Review: GICS Direct is a product that MSCI manages jointly with Standard and Poor's (S&P). CDAM is responsible for reviewing the industry classification of companies jointly with S&P in order to help maintain the product. MSCI uses GICS to create sectored indexes
- Economic Exposure Review: processing the company's geographic segmentation to determine the country exposure of the company
- Market Neutral Corporate Event: Tracking, processing and quality controlling corporate events that do not have a trading impact for clients.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
- Good analytical skills
- Self starter and high level of motivation and commitment to hard work
- Open mind with a taste for improving processes
- Should be a team player
- High level of focus on work quality/attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- Desire to effectively work with diverse cultures on a global team
We are looking for candidates:
- 3 to 5 years related work experience
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.