Real time index developer - Mumbai, MH
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The candidate will be primarily in charge of developing low latency real time calculation systems using state of the art technologies. He or she should have experience in handling real time market data system.
If selected, you will work as part of a delivery focused and talented software development team responsible for designing, developing and supporting the real time index system.
You will use cutting edge software development techniques and technologies, following the best practices of the industry.
- Implement scalable, distributed, fault tolerant real time calculation engine and market data processor.
- Apply complex software design patterns using the latest Java technologies
- Implement software testing frameworks (unit/non regression/user acceptance)
- Performance tuning on the real time system
Desired experience and qualification:
- Hands on development experience with Reuters or IDC market data system.
- Hands on experience in low latency streaming data processing
- In depth knowledge in Java performance tuning.
- Java swing
- Web interface development. e.g. bootstrap, jquery, EXT
- A University Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years professional experience developing applications with Java technologies
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.