Senior Scala Developer - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are seeking an outstanding Software Engineer to join our development team in the Budapest office. Our team is developing data & analytics services for MSCI's next generation platform. The main development language is Scala, however, we will consider technologists that are proficient in Java or any functional programming language as well if they are keen to learn Scala.
- Be responsible for all aspects of software development.
- Develop new and existing modules in Scala while working with developers across the globe.
- Take initiative to propose ideas and voice your concerns while taking ownership of and moving forward areas you are working on.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure on all stages of the software development life cycle.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- MSc in software engineering or science Strong software development skills. (Functional programming experience is a plus)
- Scala experience is a plus.
- Financial industry experience is a great advantage.
- Strong program solving and analytical skills.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.