Operations Analyst Intern - Norman, OK
As part of the Terms and Conditions (T&C) team you will perform as an Operations Analyst Intern to apply academic research and industry best practices in measuring data quality and derived data production. You will work with the T&C team and other stakeholders to formalize a framework to evaluate the performance of the T&C team through key performance indicators (KPI’s).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- · Partner with product management and the T&C team to identify value added
- · Combine academic and/or prior work experience with information gathered from the team to define defects and KPIs that clearly describe the operations of the T&C team
- · Propose an intuitive scorecard/dashboard to clearly indicate the current and historical performance of the team with the ability to drill down into specific metrics
- · Work with team members to incorporate automatic anomaly detection and alert mechanisms
- · Analyze usage of terms and conditions data, identify and inventory root cause for client issues, propose metrics to monitor defined root causes
Qualification and Skills:
- Currently pursuing degree in business, operations, engineering, or a related field
- Excellent analytical skills; experience using data to answer questions and solve problems; ability to identify meaningful themes in quantitative and qualitative data
- High attention to detail; obsessive about data quality
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams to resolve issues and/or complete projects
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables, vlookups, logical formulas, and macros
- Passion/excitement for building new tools and processes
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated problem solver
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.