Executive Assistant - New York, NY
In this position, the Assistant will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support on a day to day basis. This includes clear communication; discrete handling of confidential information; accountability; and the ability to “manage the manager's expectations”. Day to day tasks include: preparation of high-level meetings and providing backup support to top executives, calendar planning; scheduling meetings; coordinating conference calls; handling internal communications; phone coverage; transcribing voicemail messages; travel arrangements and expense reporting; filing; preparing documents for meetings; photocopying. Must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Maintain calendars - arrange, coordinate and prioritize complex scheduling and logistics
- Provide telephone coverage - answer executive phones, take accurate messages, know executive's whereabouts at all times, handle urgent calls with appropriate judgment.
- Arrange (including selection of date, time, and location) internal and external meetings (internal meetings typically require extensive coordination with counterparts in MSCI's offices globally)
- Compose and type agendas and correspondence for special events, board meetings, committee meetings and development activities
- Responsible for handling all travel arrangements (domestic and international) including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, rental cars, off-site meeting venues
- Arrange special meeting facilities (e.g. food, PC projector, etc.); send meeting confirmation emails; prepare and distribute meeting materials
- Prepare various materials when requested, using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Prepare expense reports
- Manage internal communications
- Backup support to the Global Index Manager/Executive Committee member
- Special Projects and Events for the Index team
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Executive Assistant
- College undergraduate degree required;
- Flexible hours OT is required (regular hours are 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, proactive
- Team player who will work closely with other administrative assistants
- Proficiency in Outlook (email and calendar management) and advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Tech savvy with knowledge of social media business applications
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environments and able to multi-task.
- Poise and decorum to interact with senior level executives.
- Experienced with Senior Management exposure to C-Suite
- Flexible, Smart thinker, gatekeeper, sense of urgency
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.