VP Category Manager Procurement - Professional Services
This position will help play a key role in the ongoing development of company-wide procurement processes as we expand our spend under control into Indirect spend of non-IT Professional Services. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the sourcing and vendor management activities for this category including consulting and contingent labor for legal, finance, tax and marketing. Must have the ability to think analytically, work independently in a fast paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
This position will report into the Global Category Lead and be based in Monterrey, Mexico.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all related sourcing activity utilizing best practices.
- Make sourcing recommendations and decisions based on financial analysis, cost structure of categories, and supplier position in their industry and marketplace
- Negotiate and implement deals that maximize cost-savings, improve service levels, mitigate contractual risks, and creates/improves overall value for MSCI.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Negotiate contract terms and coordinate with Legal to execute contracts.
- Ensure that supplier management processes are established within each department and that the sourcing process is followed.
- Demonstrate sourcing proficiency in this category. Provide guidance and expertise to internal stakeholders on the assigned category including providing description and price comparison, when available, to ensure the most optimum value for the internal stakeholders.
- Act as first escalation point if problems with suppliers arise. Coordinate resolution of supplier performance issues.
- Develop project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones. Implement process disciplines necessary to achieve desired results.
- Develop compelling business cases/analyses to drive meaningful change in process or supplier as appropriate to meet sourcing strategy and business objectives.
- Support the identification, research and evaluation of relevant suppliers that meet the company's standards of price, quality, timing, service and reliability of supply.
- Remain abreast of internal and external factors affecting commodity areas; identify opportunities and determine best in class sources of supply.
- Deliver annual savings while assuring best quality and service from service providers.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure best in class pricing, product and service quality, continuity of goods and services, and alignment with internal stakeholder and company strategies.
- Work together with the Global Category Lead to implement a sustainable and efficient framework.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in all stages of the sourcing life cycle (from market analysis to procure to pay) especially the negotiation of contractual agreements
- Attention to detail, but also ability to see the bigger picture and achieve the proper balance between 100% accuracy and timeliness (the 80/20 rule)
- Superior interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Must be a solid negotiator and possess strong analytic skills and be able to use MS Excel to prepare comprehensive cost comparison analyses, MS PowerPoint to present them
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, global environment, supporting colleagues located around the world with differing native languages, cultures, and time-zones
- Knowledge of principles of Contingent Workforce Management programs is a plus
- 8+ years of advanced procurement/sourcing experience within a global organization
- Must have held a similar role and have a proven ability to achieve savings through aggressive vendor negotiations
- Experience with creating and evaluating RFIs, RFPs
- Experience with a formal P2P system such as SAP or Oracle is a plus
- Prior experience with Professional Services category strongly preferred
- Experience with e-Sourcing or e-Auction software is a plus
Should be degree educated
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.