Sr. Associate - Sourcing & Vendor Management
This position will help play a key supporting role in the ongoing development of company-wide procurement processes as we expand our control into indirect spend of non-IT Professional Services and implement a formal P2P system. This position is responsible for supporting sourcing and vendor management activities for this category including consulting and contingent labor for Technology, legal, finance, tax and marketing. Must have the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
This position will report into the VP Global Category Lead and be based in Monterrey, Mexico.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- ·Provide sourcing support and assistance to the category lead and Sr. Buyer of Professional Services in order to execute the strategy for this category
- ·Help ensure alignment with category plan and consistency in supplier engagements
- ·Work closely with cross functional colleagues to help implement a formal P2P process in SAP and become a knowledge source for the process
- ·Issue purchase requisitions and POs and develop expertise in all procure to pay activity to help manage the process
- ·Work with Accounts Payable and Suppliers to help resolve invoice issues
- ·Work with internal teams to ensure that procedures for onboarding and offboarding contingent worker resources are consistent with MSCI policies
- ·Work with Talent Acquisition, HR Ops and Suppliers to execute Task Orders and initiate accurate onboarding of contingent worker resources
- ·Coordinate and process extensions including executing appropriate Task Orders
- ·Ensure Workday data for contingent workers is accurate by consistently following procedures and performing routine quality checks
- ·Complete project tasks related to the procure-to-pay process
- ·Create strong partnership with Finance team; leverage this partnership to develop cross-functional training initiatives and end-to-end process improvements
- ·Provide documentation and guidance regarding procurement support-related processes, procedures and applications
- ·Help enforce adherence to global, regional or local standards, where applicable
- ·Look for and recommend opportunities to reduce costs through consolidation of services, contract renegotiations, termination of unneeded service, etc.
- ·Prepare comprehensive cost comparison analyses
- ·Continuously seek opportunities to better leverage MSCI's spend to deliver more value and higher levels of service
- ·Proactively propose ideas, or reactively support the evaluation of ideas that provide better service at lower cost
- ·Support the Finance group with budget preparation, monthly variance analysis of actual vs. budget, forecasting, and accruals
- ·Work closely with other departments globally (IT team, Accounts Payable team, IT Finance, Legal and Corporate Services team)
- ·Take part in global projects
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of all stages of the sourcing life cycle particularly procure-to-pay
- Familiarity with Procurement best practices
- Attention to detail, but also ability to see the bigger picture and achieve the proper balance between 100% accuracy and timeliness (the 80/20 rule).
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Solid negotiating skills
- Strong analytic skills and be able to use MS Excel to prepare comprehensive analyses, MS PowerPoint to present them
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, global environment, supporting colleagues located around the world with differing native languages, cultures, and time-zones
- Knowledge of principles of Contingent Workforce Management programs is a plus
5+ years of progressive sourcing and/or vendor management experience in a global company
Experience as a Procurement buyer, preferably indirect spend category
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.